Kenya Mission Trip
We are entering our sixth year of partnership with the Teso Baptist Association in western Kenya. One major focus of our partnership in Busia is church planting and evangelism. We have seen the association build two new churches this year. Our aim is to assist them in fulfilling their vision of seeing lives changed by the power of the Gospel.
This year, we have supported our partnership with Kenya through providing funds for the Hope Wall so that the children at Kemodo Baptist Academy receive lunch each day they attend school. We have helped Pastor David's church build a new baptismal pool (pictured above). We have also helped with funding to build three new classrooms at Kemodo Baptist Academy (pictured above). We look forward to continuing to partner so that the love of Jesus can be shared with those in Busia.
During our past trips, we were able to celebrate the following:
- Many adults receiving Christ as their Savior.
- Planting the Gospel in the hearts of children at VBS.
- Assisting church plants through community evangelism and preaching.
We are excited to be going this year. Who can go?
- This mission trip is for all students and adults.
- Participants must be in good standing with Hermtiage Hills. We welcome friends, neighbors, and co-workers to join us.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. In case of illness or emergency, this adult would take responsibility for them.
- All participants are required to ask for prayer and financial support from friends, family, etc.
- The estimated price for this trip is $2,500. Costs cover flights, lodging, most meals, and insurance. There is $500 of mission support provided for 6 Hermitage Hills members to help supplement the cost of the trip. A $500 per person deposit is due when you sign up.
What will we do?
The team will focus on sharing the Gospel, hosting Vacation Bible School for the children, training lay church leaders, and hosting a health seminar. We can use a variety of skills, including teaching, recreation, music, and health care experience. All participants will be expected to share the gospel one-on-one. Training will be provided.
Did you know?
- Through prayer partners and support, most participants raise funds to cover a large part of their expenses. This also gives others the chance to participate even if they can’t travel with us!
- Many of our team members make return trips to renew friendships and to see how God is moving in the lives of the families in Kenya. Our mission trips build on the idea of long-term LIFE change in Jesus Christ.
- Contact the mission's office with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.883.5034.
If you are interested in being a part of the Kenya Mission Team, please complete the form below.