Kenya Mission Trip: Coming 2022
We are entering our fifth year of partnership with the Teso Baptist Association in western Kenya. One major focus of our partnership in Busia is church planting and evangelism. We have seen the association build two new churches this year. Our aim is to assist them in fulfilling their vision of seeing lives changed by the power of the Gospel.
In 2020, we were able to support Kenya in a number of ways. First, through the Hope Wall, the children and their families were fed while unable to attend school. Second, we provided funds to help Pastor David buy a motorcycle. This allowed him to deliver food and materials to those in his community more effectively. Third, we provided the pastors in the association with medical insurance for themselves and their families. Fourth, we provided each church in the association with a thermometer so that they could check temperatures when they have services. Lastly, we provided additional classroom items such as chairs so that the school could return to in person learning.
During our past trips, we were able to celebrate the following:
- Many adults receiving Christ as their Savior.
- Planting the Gospel in the hearts of children at VBS.
- Assisting church plants through community evangelism and preaching.
We are excited to be going this year. Who can go?
- This mission trip is for all students and adults.
- Participants must be in good standing with Hermtiage Hills. We welcome friends, neighbors, and co-workers to join us.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. In case of illness or emergency, this adult would take responsibility for them.
- All participants are required to ask for prayer and financial support from friends, family, etc.
- The estimated price for this trip is $2,000. Costs cover flights, lodging, most meals, and insurance. There is $400 of mission support provided for 6 Hermitage Hills members to help supplement the cost of the trip. A $200 per person deposit is due when you sign up.
What will we do?
The team will focus on sharing the Gospel, hosting Vacation Bible School for the children, and training lay church leaders. We can use a variety of skills, including teaching, recreation, and music. All participants will be expected to share the gospel one-on-one. Training will be provided.
Did you know?
- Through prayer partners and support, most participants raise funds to cover a large part of their expenses. This also gives others the chance to participate even if they can’t travel with us!
- Many of our team members make return trips to renew friendships and to see how God is moving in the lives of the families in Kenya. Our mission trips build on the idea of long-term LIFE change in Jesus Christ.
- Contact the mission's office with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.883.5034.
If you are interested in being a part of the Kenya Mission Team, please complete the form below.