Italy Mission Trip: Coming 2022
We are entering our fourth year of partnership with Fabiano and Anne Nicodemo. They are missionaries in Cesena, Italy. The church they planted has grown and has multiplied through a church plant in Rimini.
In 2020, we were able to support Italy through providing rent for the meeting space for the church in Rimini. We provided updated software and a computer to Pastor Fabiano so that he could livestream services with no delays or disruptions. We also provide support for the Nicodemos as they minister to the people of Italy.
Pastor Fabiano's challenge for 2021 is to commit to take Jesus to the ends of the earth. Provided below is information about Italy. Please pray for this country and for Pastor Fabiano and his family.
- Population: 60 million
- 74% of Catholics, but only 24% really practice
- Rome, the world headquarters of the Catholic Church, but in it is also located the largest mosque in Europe
- It is the country with the greatest influence in European and world culture, mainly in the arts and religion
- 22.6% between agnostics, atheists and without religion, according to IPSOS research
- 3% Islamists (2 million)
- Orthodox church (1.7 million)
- 0.9% Protestants (about 700,000)
- 430,000 Jehovah's Witness
- 100,000 wizards work full time in the country
- Satanism is strong mainly in the region of Torino (Turin)
- Some reagions are well marked by oppression
- Northern Italy has the highest rates of suicide
- Most churches have about 45 members
- There is one pastor for every 380,000 inhabitants
- Of the 8,101 municipalities only 5% have a study group, a small church or an evangelical testimony
- There are only 20,000 Baptist in Italy
- The country is one of the most difficult places for the preaching of the Gospel, considered by many as the "missionary cemetery", because most quit in less than three years.
This year, we will continue to support Italy by providing rent for the meeting space for the church in Rimini and support for Pastor Fabiano. We are also working on a unique experience that will bring Italy to us since we are unable to go to them.
If you are interested in being a part of the Italy Mission Team, please complete the form below.