Guatemala Mission Trip: June 19-26, 2021
Eleven years ago, we began taking short-term mission trips to Guatemala. This led us to a partnership with the Las Conchas area to bring LIFE change through Jesus Christ by establishing a church and community development center. Working with some of the poorest of the poor, God has opened some amazing doors of ministry.
This year, we were able to support Guatemala by providing funds through the Hope Wall so they could provide food to the families at Las Conchas. We also helped them financial to continue to serve their community through virtual weekly messages, D-life online training, running the medical clinic, and through weekly devotional videos on social media. They are seeing God work and hearts are being changed!
Our mission trip, June 19-26, 2021, will focus on leadership development, BKC for children and family discipleship. We can use a variety of skills on this team including teaching, crafts, recreation, music, and more. You will be amazed at how God can use you! We are always in need of photographers and writers to help us share the story of what God is doing!
Over the years, we have seen:
- More than 506 people have accepted Christ
- Land purchased and the first floor of the community development center/church built
- 525 children in the Las Conchas school receive meals 5-days-a-week through the Hope Wall
- 16+ home LIFEgroups begin weekly meetings in Las Conchas
- Support of Pastor Carlos as on-site minister
Who can go?
This mission trip is for all ages, and many go together as a family. Spanish is not a requirement, but we normally offer conversational Spanish classes through the year if there is enough interest. Because this is an international trip, we have put some guidelines in place:
- Participants must be in good standing with Hermitage Hills. We welcome friends, neighbors and co-workers to join us!
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. In case of illness or emergency, this adult would take responsibility for them.
- All participants are required to ask for prayer and financial support from friends, family, etc. This gets others involved in God’s work.
- The estimated price for this trip is $1,300. Cost covers flights, lodging, most meals, and insurance. There is $200 of mission support provided for 8 Hermitage Hills members to help supplement the cost of the trip. A $200 per person deposit is due when you sign up. A payment schedule will be set for $400 to be paid by the end of February, $800 to be paid by the end of March, and $1,300 to be paid in full by May 31st.
Did you know?
Through prayer partners and support, most participants raise funds to cover more than half of their expenses. This also gives others the chance to participate even if they can’t travel with us!
Many of our team members make return trips to renew friendships and to see how God is moving in the lives of the families in Las Conchas. Our mission trips build on the idea of long-term, LIFE change in Jesus Christ.
Contact the mission's office with any other questions: email@example.com.
If you are interested in being a part of the Guatemala Mission Team, please complete the form below.