New Orleans, LA Mission Trip
New Orleans, Louisiana Mission Trip
October 15-20, 2023
Over fourteen years, we have been committed to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people in New Orleans. We partner with Bridge City Baptist Church. We are one group with many skills and the willingness to share Christ's love with those we meet. We focus on continued support of Bridge City Baptist Church. We minister to their children, women, students, and adults. We can use a variety of people with construction skills, witnessing, leading crafts, and more.
In the past, we have made repairs to the church and parsonage, helped with home repair, volunteered at the men's thirft shop, helped at the food pantries, hosted a fall festival at the church and participated in streetcar witnessing. You will be amazed by the way God will use you!
- This mission trip is for the whole family.
- We welcome friends, neighbors, and co-workers to join us.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. In case of illness or emergency, this adult would take responsibility for them.
- All participants are required to ask for prayer and financial support from friends, family, etc.
- The estimated price for this trip is $390. Costs cover lodging, most meals, and insurance. There is $100 of mission support provided for 17 Hermitage Hills Baptist Church members to help supplement the cost of the trip. A $50 per person deposit is due when you sign up.
In 2021, we sent funds so the church could pack backpacks full of school supplies for the students at Bridge City Baptist Church. It is extremely helpful for the families that are unable to provide these supplies otherwise. After hurrican Ida, the church sustained significant damage. We have been working with Pastor Mike on how we can help through the restoration process by providing funds to cover items that were destroyed.
In October 2022, we had a team of 14 GO to serve at Bridge City Baptist Church and Women at the Well. We had not been able to go for several years so we were excited to be back in New Orleans. The team had the joy of working with our partners. The team was able to do some minor repairs at the Church and host a Fall Festival for the community. The ladies enjoyed bringing a devotion, meal, prayer time, and craft/game time to the ladies at Women at the Well. They had such a great time sharing and encouraging each other. The team was thankful to be in New Orleans, see our partners, and share the love of Christ.