The literal meaning of “radical” is “going to the roots.”
Radical Heart exists to bring restoration and hope to our neighbors in crisis. We will do this by being radically faithful to God and relevant to the world by embracing the Biblical mandate to care for vulnerable children and families through generosity and love.
- Food and clothing assistance
- Hosting children for families in crisis (through Safe Families for Children)
- Financial Literacy Training (through the Chalmers Center)
- Family Coaching and Prayer Support
- Community Outreach Events
- Christmas Toy Store
There are a variety of ways to serve with Radical Heart! Here are a few opportunities below.
- Love to organize and work behind the scenes? Help with collection, organization, and distribution of donated items for the food pantry, clothes closet, and Safe Families resource closet.
- Passionate about encouraging and praying with families one-on-one? Serve as a Family Coach to minister to families who are coming in for services.
- Love to encourage and support a mom in crisis? Work with families who are placing their children into a Safe Families host home as they strive to meet personal goals of obtaining housing, employment, medical care, or treatment.
- Love to teach and support others in their personal finances? Assist with our financial literacy class..
Family Support Team
- Love to play with kiddos? Serve in the Kids Corner during opening hours by loving the children of guests who are there to shop for food and clothes.
- Want to practice biblical hospitality? Host children in your home through Safe Families.
- Love to cook? Serve on the meal ministry team by providing and delivering meals to host families during placement or to other Radical Heart families in crisis.
- Love to support families who are caring for vulnerable kiddos? Offer support services such as babysitting and transportation for host families.
- Do you have administrative gifts? Use your clerical skills to assist with computer work for data entry and other various projects.
Ways to Help
Here are some ways you can help RIGHT NOW!
- Donate your gently used clothing and shoes. We will be in constant need of clothing, so please consider dropping those at the church instead of taking them elsewhere.
- Begin the training process to be a host family. Contact us for more information.
- Let us know where you want to serve! If this ministry sounds like something God is calling you to be a part of, please contact us to get more information. We will be in touch to discuss how you can get involved.
- Pray, pray, pray! Pray for our church and our community, that we will love our neighbors well in a way that honors them and the Lord.
To be radically faithful to God and relevant to the world by embracing the Biblical mandate to care for vulnerable children and families through generosity and love.
To bring restoration and hope to our neighbors in crisis.