Kenya Mission Project: coming early 2021
In 2016, Hermitage Hills began a relationship with the 15 churches of Teso Baptist Association in Busia, Kenya. Busia is an area that is open to the Gospel, and our aim is to partner with these churches to help them achieve their vision of planting new churches and training existing congregations and leaders.
During our trips, we were able to celebrate the following:
- Many adults received Christ as their Savior.
- Planted the Gospel in the hearts of children at VBS.
- Assisted church plants through community evangelism and preaching.
Who can go?
- This mission trip is for all students and adults.
- Participants must be in good standing with Hermtiage Hills. We welcome friends, neighbors, and co-workers to join us.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. In case of illness or emergency, this adult would take responsibility for them.
- All participants are required to ask for prayer and financial support from friends, family, etc.
- The estimated price for this trip is $1900. Costs cover flights, lodging, most meals, and insurance. There is $400 of mission support provided for 8 Hermitage Hills members to help supplement the cost of the trip. A $200 per person deposit is due when you sign up. A payment schedule will be set for $900 to be paid by the end of March, $1400 to be paid by the end of April, and $1900 to be paid in full by May 31.
What will we do?
The team will focus on sharing the Gospel, hosting Vacation Bible School for the children, and training lay church leaders. We can use a variety of skills, including teaching, recreation, and music. All participants will be expected to share the gospel one-on-one. Training will be provided.
Did you know?
- Through prayer partners and support, most participants raise funds to cover a large part of their expenses. This also gives others the chance to participate even if they can’t travel with us!
- Many of our team members make return trips to renew friendships and to see how God is moving in the lives of the families in Kenya. Our mission trips build on the idea of long-term LIFE change in Jesus Christ.
- Contact the mission's office with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.883.5034.
If you are interested in being a part of the Kenya Mission Team, please complete the form below.