Italy Trip: 2019
This team will travel to Italy to serve a local church partner that is trying to create a foothold in the area. This is an exciting opportunity and a new mission field for Hermtiage Hills.
The 2019 World Mission Board's theme this year is to "Make the Earth Glad!" Pastor Fabiano Nicodemo is pastor to the local church we have partnered with and his challenge for 2019 is to commit to take Jesus to the ends of the earth. Provided below is information about Italy. Please pray for this country and for Pastor Fabiano and his family.
- Population: 60 million
- 74% of Catholics, but only 24% really practice
- Rome, the world headquarters of the Catholic Church, but in it is also located the largest mosque in Europe
- It is the country with the greatest influence in European and world culture, mainly in the arts and religion
- 22.6% between agnostics, atheists and without religion, according to IPSOS research
- 3% Islamists (2 million)
- Orthodox church (1.7 million)
- 0.9% Protestants (about 700,000)
- 430,000 Jehovah's Witness
- 100,000 wizards work full time in the country
- Satanism is strong maining in the region of Torino (Turin)
- Some reagions are well marked by oppression
- Northern Italy has the highest rates of suicide
- Most churches have about 45 members
- Three is one pastor for every 380,000 inhabitants
- Of the 8,101 municipalities only 5% have a study group, a small church or an evangelical testimony
- There are only 20,000 Baptist in Italy
- The country is one of the most difficult places for the preaching of the Gospel, considered by many as the "missionary cemetery", because most quit in less than three years.
If you are interested in being a part of the Italy Mission Team, please complete the form below.