2020 Dates will be announced soon
Nine years ago, Hermitage Hills began taking short-term mission trips to Guatemala. This led us to a partnership with the Las Conchas area to bring LIFE change through Jesus Christ by establishing a church and community development center. Working with some of the poorest of the poor, God has opened some amazing doors of ministry:
- More than 506 people have accepted Christ
- Purchased land and built the first floor of the community development center/church
- 525 children in the Las Conchas school receive meals 5-days-a-week through the Hope Wall Project
- 16+ home LIFEgroups meet weekly in Las Conchas
- Support of Pastor Carlos as on-site minister
Who can go?
This mission trip is for all ages, and many go together as a family. Spanish is not a requirement, but we normally offer conversational Spanish classes through the year if there is enough interest. Because this is an international trip, we have put some guidelines in place:
- Participants must be in good standing with Hermitage Hills. We welcome friends, neighbors and co-workers to join us!
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. In case of illness or emergency, this adult would take responsibility for them.
- All participants are required to ask for prayer and financial support from friends, family, etc. This gets others involved in God’s work.
- The estimated price for this trip is $1300. Costs cover flights, lodging, most meals, and insurance. The price includes a $250 scholarship for Hermitage Hills members only. A $150 per person deposit is due when you sign up.
What will we do?
We are one group with a few different teams: a hands team and a family team.
The hands team will continue work on the church/ community center in Las Conchas. If you can hold a bucket, carry blocks or use a shovel, you’re in! A local Guatemalan construction team will be there to oversee and guide us.
The family team will focus on ministries to children, women, youth and adults of Las Conchas. We can use a variety of skills on this team including teaching, crafts, recreation, music and more. You will be amazed at how God can use you! We are always in need of photographers, writers and creative types to help us share the story of what God is doing in Guatemala.
More details will be shared at GT interest meetings and trainings on YOUR specific role. God can use everyone!
Did you know?
Through prayer partners and support, most participants raise funds to cover more than half of their expenses. This also gives others the chance to participate even if they can’t travel with us!
Many of our team members make return trips to renew friendships and to see how God is moving in the lives of the families in Las Conchas. Our mission trips build on the idea of long-term, LIFE change in Jesus Christ.
Contact Mark Smith with any other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in being a part of the Guatemala Mission Team, please complete the form below.