Radical Heart exists to bring restoration and hope to our neighbors in crisis. We will do this by being radically faithful to God and relevant to the world by embracing the Biblical mandate to care for vulnerable children and families through generosity and love.
Sponsor a Thanksgiving and Christmas food box-
We invite individuals, Lifegroups, or families to sponsor a box. A sponsorship includes providing a $25 gift card to Kroger or Aldi so families can get finishing touches for their holiday meal and a hand written card. If interested, sign up below and we will contact you.
- Food and clothing assistance
- Hosting children for families in crisis (through Safe Families for Children)
- Financial Literacy Training (through the Chalmers Center)
- Family Coaching and Prayer Support
- Community Outreach Events
- Holiday Food Boxes
Open to the Public
Wednesdays 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Thursdays 10:00am - 12:30pm
Enter Door 13C
Serving Zip Codes: 37076, 37214, 37138, 37122, 38115, and 37210
ID and Proof of Address Required:
Proper identification like country ID, state ID card, drivers license, or Social Security Card AND proof of residency using current utility bill or other document with name, address, and curent month date are required.
There are a variety of ways to serve with Radical Heart! Here are a few opportunities below.
- Love to organize and work behind the scenes? Help with collection, organization, and distribution of donated items for the food pantry, clothes closet, and Safe Families resource closet.
- Passionate about encouraging and praying with families one-on-one? Serve as a Family Coach to minister to families who are coming in for services.
- Love to encourage and support a mom in crisis? Work with families who are placing their children into a Safe Families host home as they strive to meet personal goals of obtaining housing, employment, medical care, or treatment.
- Love to teach and support others in their personal finances? Assist with our financial literacy class..
Family Support Team
- Love to play with kiddos? Serve in the Kids Corner during opening hours by loving the children of guests who are there to shop for food and clothes.
- Want to practice biblical hospitality? Host children in your home through Safe Families.
- Love to cook? Serve on the meal ministry team by providing and delivering meals to host families during placement or to other Radical Heart families in crisis.
- Love to support families who are caring for vulnerable kiddos? Offer support services such as babysitting and transportation for host families.
- Do you have administrative gifts? Use your clerical skills to assist with computer work for data entry and other various projects.
Ways to Help
Here are some ways you can help RIGHT NOW!
- Donate your gently used clothing and shoes. We will be in constant need of clothing, so please consider dropping those at the church instead of taking them elsewhere. DONATION GUIDELINES.
- Begin the training process to be a Safe Families Host Family. CLICK HERE.
- Let us know where you want to serve! If this ministry sounds like something God is calling you to be a part of, CLICK HERE to submit your interest and to inquire about upcoming training opportunities.
- Pray, pray, pray! Pray for our church and our community, that we will love our neighbors well in a way that honors them and the Lord.
To be radically faithful to God and relevant to the world by embracing the Biblical mandate to care for vulnerable children and families through generosity and love.
To bring restoration and hope to our neighbors in crisis.