**Change to Radical Heart's regular services and schedule**
Modified Distribution process until further notice: Radical Heart will operate on a modified schedule by appointment only. All food boxes will be pre-made. Families will be able to pick up a food box every two weeks. We are also providing clothing assistance on a limited basis each week. You can schedule an appointment for a food box and/or clothing assistance at https://signup.com/go/KfDMtea
The process for pick up is as follows for food boxes: arrive at your scheduled time, stay in your car, complete the provided form, open your trunk or back hatch (there must be enough room for our volunteers to place the food box inside), the volunteer will bring out the pre-made food box and place it in the vehicle. Volunteers will not place food boxes inside the interior of the car so please make sure to have enough space in the trunk for the pre-made food box. If you do not have space in your trunk, for safety precautions, our volunteers will leave the box by your car and you will be responsible for placing the items inside the cab of your vehicle.
The process for clothing assistance is as follows: arrive just prior to your scheduled time and wait outside Door 15 (Worship Center West) by the blue metal Radical Heart bin. A Radical Heart volunteer will escort you in from there and take you to the clothes closet for shopping. A mask is required for entry. Only one family member will be allowed into the clothes closet. Thank you for helping us social distance.
Clothes closet appointments are available every 2 months. One family member may select items for the whole family during their appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please provide at least 24 hours notice. If you do not show up for your appointment, you will not be eligible to make another appointment for 1 month since there are limited shopping times during our modified schedule.
Radical Heart exists to bring restoration and hope to our neighbors in crisis. We will do this by being radically faithful to God and relevant to the world by embracing the Biblical mandate to care for vulnerable children and families through generosity and love.
- Food and clothing assistance (temporarily providing pre-made food boxes while in relief distribution)
- Hosting children for families in crisis (through Safe Families for Children)
- Financial Literacy Training (through the Chalmers Center)
- Family Coaching and Prayer Support
- Community Outreach Events
- Holiday Food Boxes
Open to the Public
By appointment only (while in relief distribution)
Wednesday between 6:00-7:30 pm
Thursday between 10:00-11:30 am
Serving Zip Codes: 37076, 37214, 37138, 37122, 38115, and 37210
ID and Proof of Address Required: (temporarily suspended while in relief distribution)
Proper identification like country ID, state ID card, drivers license, or Social Security Card AND proof of residency using current utility bill or other document with name, address, and curent month date are required.
There are a variety of ways to serve with Radical Heart! Here are a few opportunities below.
- Love to organize and work behind the scenes? Help with collection, organization, and distribution of donated items for the food pantry, clothes closet, and Safe Families resource closet.
- Passionate about encouraging and praying with families one-on-one? Serve as a Family Coach to minister to families who are coming in for services.
- Love to encourage and support a mom in crisis? Work with families who are placing their children into a Safe Families host home as they strive to meet personal goals of obtaining housing, employment, medical care, or treatment.
- Love to teach and support others in their personal finances? Assist with our financial literacy class..
Family Support Team
- Love to play with kiddos? Serve in the Kids Corner during opening hours by loving the children of guests who are there to shop for food and clothes.
- Want to practice biblical hospitality? Host children in your home through Safe Families.
- Love to cook? Serve on the meal ministry team by providing and delivering meals to host families during placement or to other Radical Heart families in crisis.
- Love to support families who are caring for vulnerable kiddos? Offer support services such as babysitting and transportation for host families.
- Do you have administrative gifts? Use your clerical skills to assist with computer work for data entry and other various projects.
Ways to Help
Here are some ways you can help RIGHT NOW!
- Donate your gently used clothing and shoes. We will be in constant need of clothing, so please consider dropping those at the church instead of taking them elsewhere. DONATION GUIDELINES.
- Begin the training process to be a Safe Families Host Family. CLICK HERE.
- Let us know where you want to serve! If this ministry sounds like something God is calling you to be a part of, CLICK HERE to submit your interest and to inquire about upcoming training opportunities.
- Pray, pray, pray! Pray for our church and our community, that we will love our neighbors well in a way that honors them and the Lord.
To be radically faithful to God and relevant to the world by embracing the Biblical mandate to care for vulnerable children and families through generosity and love.
To bring restoration and hope to our neighbors in crisis.